Sunday, May 4, 2014

First Winnebago Session 2014

Yesterday was a great first session on Lake Winnebago. The lake has been open for a couple weeks but I hadn't gotten a chance to get out. Fortunately yesterday lined up perfectly. 15-25 mph wind, mostly sunny skies, and over 60-deg temperature. The water was even pretty good temperature. I didn't wear cold water booties - just my normal thin ATAN Madi's.

Good session on my iSonic 121 and 7.0 Reflex3. I sailed over to Windpower to hang with Kevin Gratton and several others that launched over there. GPS track showed 32 mph max speed, 21.5 mph best alpha 500 jibe, and 25.9 mph fastest nautical mile.

I can't wait for the MOWIND race season to start. Next weekend is the Walleye Wagatta at Windpower, and the following weekend is the Dam Jam in Des Moines, IA. More info HERE.

Pictures:
My rig

GPS overlay

Lake Winnebago this morning - starting to look like summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment