Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mega Cat Mega Speed

Mega Speed is a bit tongue in cheek, but I am proud of some of the speeds I recorded while racing the Mega Cat in gusty 15-20 knot winds last Sunday. It was only my third time ever on the board but all my years sailing imco made it pretty easy to get back onto a planing longboard after almost a decade away from them.

The course for Sunday at the Dam Jam was a 2 lap figure 8. I attached a picture of my gps track from one of the races. During these races I got to a top speed of 25.4 knots and had a best alpha-500 jibe at 17.4 knots. The Mega Cat jibed incredibly well and it was very nice for carrying speed through the turn.

Here's a link to my gps results at the speedsurfing site:
http://www.gps-speedsurfing.com/default.aspx?mnu=user&val=78764&uid=2116

Arden, EL-11



1 comment: