Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Double chicken strap

"Double chicken" straps are popular these days on formula boards, but my Starboard HWR doesn't have them. It came with a standard single chicken strap on the centerline of the board. So, I decided to install inserts for a double chicken setup, but first I built the adapter pictured above in order to help figure out placement before I permanently installed new inserts.

I finally got a chance to sail with the adapter this afternoon and it went pretty well. It was a bit windy for trying out the adapter since I didn't want to push it too hard, but at least it was pretty flat. SW wind about 15-25 mph.

From this session I think I want the straps about 1" farther back and maybe 1/2" to 1" farther outboard. I will set the adapter up like that the next time I take it out. One more time with the adapter should be enough to decide where to put the new inserts.

Arden, EL-11

No comments:

Post a Comment