Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of Day 1 at Dam Jam

Done with racing today. More tomorrow. Pic of Mike Fox with my brother, Adam.

We did 3 races after lunch. I was late for the start of R4 but clawed back to get within a couple of feet of Don to finish 2nd. R5 I fell on the inside jibe while in a comfortable lead - doh - and Adam capitalized on it to take the win with me in 2nd again.

Last race, R6, most the fleet went to the right but Peter Hartwhich went towards the launch on the left and murdered us upwind. He ran away with the win after that. My Dad, Wayne, rounded the top mark in 2nd by going left early with Peter but faded through the rest of the course. Adam and I split tacks on the last upwind with him getting the better of it, finishing 2nd with me feet behind in 3rd.

I think I am in first place right now and Adam and Don are probably 2 and 3 in some order and Robin and Peter are probably 4 and 5.

Arden, EL-11

No comments:

Post a Comment