Monday, December 29, 2014

Kona Worlds Follow Up

The Kona Worlds were pretty fun. I was content with my 13th place finish, but wish I had done a bit better. Wind was pretty good - almost all races were in 10-15 mph. I wish there had been more races in the 15-20+ that had been forecast for most of the week, but at least there were no drifter days.

Links:
Final Results
Photo Album with pictures from me and Ann Gratton
Official Kona Photos-1
Official Kona Photos-2
Freestyle video that Del Carpenter posted to Facebook

Here are a couple pictures from my photo album.
Me sailing #1470 between races
My gracious room mate for the week, Andy Gratton, on #2657
Andy gringing upwind with Nevin Sayre
Me approaching a finishing on port tack. I'll comment more on this later.
Me crossing the finish line on port tack ahead of #1875 on starboard. 1875 protested me on this crossing, and I ended up losing the protest hearing. I'll comment more in a future post... but I think this picture shows someone trying to head up and losing power in their sail from being clearly underneath my crossing.
Freestyle contest, while I was still upright ;)
Mile Marker 0 in Key West

No comments:

Post a Comment