Monday, June 11, 2012

Worthington Wrap Up

Great sailing again on Sunday. Winds were 20-30 mph and I sailed basically the same thing as yesterday to win 3 out of 4 course slalom races today. iSonic 121 with 40 cm fin, but today I switched down to a 7.0 Reflex3 because the wind was higher and more filled in, and the reaching legs were longer so more emphasis on speed. Adam sailed his 7.8 on the Hornet again and was tight on me in races 1 and 2 and beat me out in race 3. He took 2nd place in the event.

Check out the summary on the MOWIND page, and also check out the regatta coverage at the Worthington Daily Globe. They even have a nice Photo Album and I inserted some pictures below.

I also put some GPS tracks at the bottom of this post.

Results:  A Fleet  |  Kona  |  Sport  |  Workshop

Worthington Daily Globe Images
Cruising on Sunday

Powering up to run at the start line
Starting on port tack


One of the performances for the Unvarnished Music Fesitval

Spectators for the Worthington Windsurfing Regatta & Unvarnished Music Festival


GPS Tracks: Saturday's GPS results and Sunday's GPS results.


Saturday - Races 1 & 2

Saturday - Races 3, 4, 5 (a bit more shifty on the inside jibes near shore)

Sunday - Races 6-9. I took one long run to the west end of the lake and back between  R8 and R9, and did 23.94 knots fora one nautical mile stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment